Friday 27 June 2014

High Tea, History, and Headbands

 Fun week for the sisters! 

On Saturday we went to Dove's Nest high tea, and it was really great. We dressed up in our pastels and dresses, put our pinkies up, and enjoyed eachothers company. 

The food was delish, lots of sandwiches and scones, desserts and of course tons of tea options! 

Then we had a nice little family dinner and played outside. Because on the longest day of the year you don't have to rush, because the sun probably hasn't set yet. 

Then on Sunday we went to heritage park!! Sister #3 first time and it was really great! We read about ghosts, explored the houses, and drank root beer. I always love it there cause it feels like you've stepped onto a movie set or travelled back in time. 

Sister #4 went on a knitting spree this week!! Here's my latest additions to my yarn collection. 

Also I got this really neat yarn called tee shirt yarn, it's like a cotton yarn. It's very soft and feels like a tee shirt that has been cut into thin strips. I don't know how else to explain it. It'd be good for a beginner knitter because it doesn't fray and it's easy to work with. 

Here's a headband I made with my dusty purple yarn, size 4 lion brand. Here's the pattern I used! 

App suggestion of the week! Charades!!! It's so much fun to play. We played for hours! They have different categories and you can make your own! Fun for hours!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment